Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fiction by the Numbers & Other Tales

My story Taking Leave found its way to Fiction365. Yes, everyone now and then I like to sneak a literary piece into the aether (and the occasional odd poem). Fear not. I’m still a genre writer-- so get ready to buy new novel when (dare I say if?) it comes out. My short story, Chronology, will soon be making its web debut in Chaos Theory: Tales Askew. It has already appeared in the M-Brane SF, a magazine I can’t gush over enough. It’s helmed by Christopher Fletcher who puts out a sleek product. Keep an eye on this guy, he’s a growing force in the SF community.

My S4F June contribution to the Abandoned Towers Magazine blog is numeric in nature. Its title, Fiction by the Numbers, is a dead giveaway that there be numbers in dem dar hills. The brief article includes science-fied numbers which can be used to add verisimilitude to a writer’s science fiction. Because, AS I KEEP SAYING, in SF it’s important to minimize the number lies you tell about science. Exaggeration on the other hand is encouraged. The more truth you include the more enhanced the fiction component will be.

No comments:

Gadget